Here's the countdown to the start of Oktoberfest 2024...

Visit Dave Finlay's Oktoberfest Resources site to learn more about our past visits, some history and interesting anecdotes.


Click the Arrow for the Live Feed

Saturday, September 17, 2005

A True Field Researcher

As I begin the ritual of preparation and inner-self cleansing, I found my Field Research Team T-Shirt. While we have not visited all of Mr. Hawthorne's wondrous gathering places, we sure have made a significant effort. Maybe this trip will add another or two. I can wonder about Forshungs, Park Cafe, and Weisses Brauhaus. Three more for the record ! !

This is what my T-Shirt currently looks like....

4 comments:

Einfahrt said...

Cool!

fieldbuehrer's ability to take the gestalt of the many choices left open and make these recommendations needs to be captured in some sort of AI device or program. When we are finshing one, and ready to head to the next we also need some sort of GPS navigator.

Sort of like Barbus's jeep navigator from a few years ago: a "You are here" dot flashing on a map, along with the destination, and the best path between the two. Directions something like: "stagger 300 meters, bounce off building while turning corner, have someone guide you to a Geldomat - withdraw cash, turn left and go 300 meters and pick up Tunafish pizza, proceed 50 meters to entrance of next bierhall"

BarleyMan said...

I am not sure my shirt still fits.

Unfortunately, I don't have as many dots as Chugger.

I am, however, eager to fill in the blanks. Maybe Paulaner Girl and I will hit 2-3 while we are waiting for you guys to arrive.... hmmmm.

Einfahrt said...

I'm sure I've got mine around somewhere.

Chugger: You are missing Forschungs Brauerei; but I guess if you don't remember it, it doesn't count

BarleyMan said...

You've been to Forschungs Brauerei?

Yikes, you guys have been busy.. That's the one I want to hit..