Here's the countdown to the start of Oktoberfest 2024...

Visit Dave Finlay's Oktoberfest Resources site to learn more about our past visits, some history and interesting anecdotes.


Click the Arrow for the Live Feed

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

My Blog

It is with much consternation that I am posting this blog. It seems ye olde gainfully employeed do not realize the energy I expend doing "womans work". While you sit behind your guilded desk; puffing cigars or sipping Starbucks, hear I am dutifully performing "womans work".
Just today, I made the beds(OK only mine); went shopping; prepared the meals(only mine); went shopping; did the laundry; went shopping; swept the floors; went shopping; dusted the furniture; went shopping; washed the windows; watched "All My Children" and then went shopping; talked on the phone; went shopping! And now you want me to post too!! I am very busy, I no longer get to take a couple of hours for lunch; I no longer get to stop after work and partake of that FINE nector we refer to as bier! No, I have to do womans work. Oh, I also had to go to the dry cleaners to pick up her majesties clothes and make arrangements for her cake for her blessed birthday on Friday NUMBER 50 !!!!! Of course I still had to trim the yard; cut the grass; and deposit my great gift, born to me via the great bald eagle that shits my SOC check once a month! I don't use automatic deposit as I don't trust the banks.
That said I have posted for the last time as NEXT WEDNESDAY, I will be wending my way to the promised land to partake of the nectar with my wonderful employed friends.

Quack!!

7 comments:

BarleyMan said...

You represent your BlogName well.

Glad to hear you are priming yourself for the trip. I hope you don't wear yourself out before next wednesday.

Of course, I am not connected with the whole comment about women's work, etc. My wife reads the blog... can't risk being associated with talk like that!

paulaner girl said...

HA!!!! None of you have any idea of what women's work really is. I get to work 40-50 hours a week, then grocery shop, make dinner, do laundry, pack lunches etc, then read whiney blogs....That's why I like work...at least I get paid to listen to whining.

BarleyMan said...

You forgot to mention the demands, unnatural demands, your husband places on you. ;-)

Chugger said...

Are you going shopping in Munich?

Einfahrt said...

I understand the Garden show is a sight to see as well. Let me know.

BarleyMan said...

Quick!

Order a dirdl for Grumpy.

paulaner girl said...

I don't think that Grumpy can fill a dirndl out like the rest of us womenfolk. There, quick add that to the list of women's work. Guess we could buy him a wonderbra :>)