Here's the countdown to the start of Oktoberfest 2024...

Visit Dave Finlay's Oktoberfest Resources site to learn more about our past visits, some history and interesting anecdotes.


Click the Arrow for the Live Feed

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Beer Call 09/27/05

Maybe the final beer call before departure. I had lunch with fellow Oktoberfestian Herr Dell, and we dined on sausage and St. Pauli Girl. While St. Pauli Girl is brewed in "strict accordance with the German Purity Law", it is good at best, but not the best. I would drink it, but I believe it is difficult to drink in mass quantities. We will start that on Thursday.

Sorry for the poor picture. I know it is not up to BarleyMan standards, but it was taken with my cell phone.

3 comments:

BarleyMan said...

Excellent.

My last 3 beers were:

Paulaner Oktoberfest.. not as fresh as what we will have on Thursday..but good.

Belhaven Scotch ale. Not as much "peat" as others, but nice and rich.

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale: The gold standard, as far as I am concerned.

Chugger said...

"Sierra Nevada Pale Ale: The gold standard, as far as I am concerned."

Agreed for a Pale Ale; especially since Goldings Retriever is no longer available.

:-(

Crystal said...

Oh gosh I'm so envious of you guys! Looks like a blast and I wish I could be there. ;-)