Here's the countdown to the start of Oktoberfest 2024...

Visit Dave Finlay's Oktoberfest Resources site to learn more about our past visits, some history and interesting anecdotes.


Click the Arrow for the Live Feed

Sunday, September 25, 2005

Beer Call 9/24/05


Hopefully everyone is in training. My beer? 2005 Paulaner Oktoberfest Marzen. Good Amber beer, clean crisp taste.

Paulaner girl did not think this bottled brew met her standards. There's no pleasing her! Of course, you knew that. ;-)

3 comments:

Barbus said...

Does she mean the right or the left bottle?

BarleyMan said...

OK Barbus.... that's it. I may have to fine you a round of beer...

Let me consult with the Grand Oktoberfestian!

Chugger, what say you?

Chugger said...

As the self appointed (and sometimes recognized) Grand Oktoberfestian, I understand the outrage BarleyMan is feeling. But since I am unclear what is actually causing the outrage (the confusion between left and right.. or the reference to bottles??), I find it hard to fine Barbus based upon the facts.

However, as Oktoberfest arrival day approaches, all Oktoberfestians should be using all means possible to foster beermanship between the travelers. Barbus' comments, while still unclear as to their intention, did instill dismay upon BarleyMan.

So, I concur, a fine of one round of beer is levied against Barbus.

That is what Chugger says.