Here's the countdown to the start of Oktoberfest 2024...

Visit Dave Finlay's Oktoberfest Resources site to learn more about our past visits, some history and interesting anecdotes.


Click the Arrow for the Live Feed

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Info For Newbees

In trying to gain significant knowledge, I have spent considerable time reading the newsworthy posts and taking notes. It seems that I have found numerous errors and omissions.
First - Jack and Speedy_Civic - Who the h--- are you and how about a last name. Are you related to any of the boozers who have been publishing the past few weeks? Must I be nice to you? Have you been to the hallowed ground before?

Second - Oh Great PooBah the Duke or Knight or King of SanDiego, am I to understand Bonnie and I are to see your smiling face and beautiful wife upon our arrival? Are you the "Blond Haired / Blue Eyed Arien the great mustached man was trying to creat? Are YOU the appointed one is will tell us "Where To Go" or lead us to the promised land and "Fountain of Bier"?

Third - What is the favorite attire besides a rain coat and goulashes(sp)(( I remember VERY early being corrected for my spelling by the great "gramarin" "shit" I I can't spell that either)) in the beer tents?

Fourth - Who are Sam and Jim? Not one time have I seen a post. Are they such consumers of the great potion we call bier that they are unable to sit up and be obnoxious by posting?

Fifth - Just what is the agenda? Unless ti is etched in stone "me esposa" will want to go shopping! I HATE SHOPPING!

Sixth - Where are the beer joints. Unless I can find them I will be doomed to drinking my favorite brews: Old Milwakai, Shaeffer, Rolling Rock, MGD, Carling Black Label, and my all time favorite Old Frothing Slosh!

Now, if I have gained you attention, we really do need help. Bonnie will only be home for three days over the course of the next 14 days. Any info regarding attire, do we need train tickets, how we get to the hotel, would be appreciated. Otherwise I have the feeling we could spend five days in Munich and never have the privilege of seeing you. Plus I have Euro's MANY MANY EURO'S since we spent the last two week in ST. Bart's and I got them on the black market. One for One.

Let the blistering begin. You told me I had to post.

5 comments:

Barbus said...

Wow!!!! The great Grumpy ROARS !!!
Good to know that you have many, many, many etc. EURO's. You will need them since you failed to post last week. I counted three penalty rounds. Let me see that's 18x3x 7,20 = 388,80 euro. It is only the beginning. We are glad we have got a millionair amongst us.

BarleyMan said...

Grumpy,

I will address what I can.

1. Jack is Einfarht's offspring. Don't know Speedy. Jack is such a nice guy (not like his dad) you must be nice to him.

2. We will be at the Excelsior Hotel First, and we will have a plan for Day 1. I need to work with Chugger on that. At very least, we will fax to your hotel.

3. Weather is typically like Dayton in the late fall. Might rain. Need a jacket, sweat shirts, jeans etc. One "nice" outfit in case Einfahrt gets his way to have a Gourmet meal.

4. Sam and Jim are old time NCRers. Sam is about 8 feet tall and played Basketball for UD, Jim is renown for his knowledge of VRX.

5. Chugger sent out an Itinerary. He needs to update and send again, or he owes us a beer.

6. Go to www.beerdrinkersguide.com and buy a frikin' book. Give Larry the business.

Finally,

Attire is casual. Possible exception is if we go out to a real restaurant. Bavaria is not a formal place like Zurich, so denim, khaki, etc is fine in most cases.

I would skip the train tickets, you can buy on site. Since we don't know our actual plans, a pass would be speculative. You won't save that much.

Our hotel (Excelsior) is near the HauptBahnHof (say hop-bonn-hof), main train station. To get from the Marriot, ask for directions to the Nordfriedhof station.

Your hotel is near the U 6, Nordfriedhof Subway Station (.5 km W). It’s about a 15 minute train ride with 1 connection… Here’s a sample schedule for today. It says you get on the U-6 train going towards Klinikum Grosshadern and get off in Odeonsplatz. Then go to U-5 and get on the train going toward Laimer Platz. Get off at the Hauptbahnhof.


The stations are well marked and it should be easy to get to the Hbf and also Marienplatz (shopping). ;-)

Detail

12:58 dep. Nordfriedhof U-Bahn U6


13:05 arr. Odeonsplatz Klinikum Großhadern

13:10 dep. Odeonsplatz U-Bahn U5


13:15 arr. Hauptbahnhof München

Chugger said...

I don't know what is the most exciting... Grumpy posted or BarleyMan exquisitly (sp?) answered most questions. ! ! !

Yeee Ha ! ! !

Some random thoughts to your obviously newbie inspired ramblings...

Arrange to meet the Duke and Dutchess... they will lead you to the promised land.

There really is no plan other than to plan as needed.

BarleyMan is correct about Jack, but since neither he or his traveling companion (Speedy_Civic) care to espond (sp?) on this forum, it appears they are gay(but no more so than Jim and his wife Sam (which is short for Samantha)).

Having spent all of the time you claim in the Carribean, you should know the answer to most of your questions... "Don't Worry, Be Happy" ! !

BarleyMan said...

Buy the Book!

Chugger said...

Oh, By The Way....

Shae some of those 1:1 Euros.