Here's the countdown to the start of Oktoberfest 2024...

Visit Dave Finlay's Oktoberfest Resources site to learn more about our past visits, some history and interesting anecdotes.


Click the Arrow for the Live Feed

Monday, September 26, 2005

introduction of two newbie's

Before you all dash off to Munich, here is a quick introduction of two newbie’s to the Holy Order of October festians.
Name: Richard, married to Agnes, two daughters, 9 and 12. Former NCR. Live in Dayton for a while. Agnes got into the Dayton way of live, picked up line dancing and became bowling champ. Agnes is a teacher and provides a regular income to compensate my entrepreneurial habit to spend money on future business.

Although new to this group, I am an Oktoberfest veteran. Purely by coincidence……, end of September Munich is the center of business meetings. I once convince my USA boss that he should sponsor a table, best marketing dollars ever spend. Actually, in the past 10 years I had the privilege to be in Munich at least 5 times per year. With customers like Siemens, Allianz and Deutsche Telekom there was no way of avoiding the place. This is how I’ve come to love the city and in my mind it is truly one of the nicest cities in Europe. It is the perfect blend where Northern Europe meets the Mediterranean culture. Munich has a lay back, joy of life, attitude but don’t jaywalk. You will be publicly corrected by a 90 year old pensioner.

For Agnes this will be the first visit to Munich. With two kids that need to be stalled, our visit will be confined to a long weekend stay, but for compensation, we will double the beer consumption.

Looking forward to meet you all. Have a good flight and see you on the wiesse.

Ludwig II

5 comments:

Chugger said...

Ludwig II...

Welcome to the Blog, even if it is at the last minute. We certainly look forward to having you join the team, and I personally look forward to meeting you; and I like the attitude of doubling the beer consumption.

My wife, Designated Walker, is also a teacher. I'm, sure her and Agnes will have plenty to talk about.

See you on Saturday.

BarleyMan said...

Looking forward to meeting you too.

Paulaner Girl is nice in person. Really... ;-)

Einfahrt said...

Richard Ludwig II. Lots of Kings names there. A monarchist?

Good to hear from you, and look forward to seeing you again. It has been a while!

I look forward to meeting Agnes as well.

Double consumption. Can you do that?

paulaner girl said...

That's sooooo sweet of you to defend me dear, but no, I'm not that nice in person either.

Chugger said...

Paulaner Girl said...
"but no, I'm not that nice in person either."

How could you argue with that?