Oktoberfest Visits is an Amazon Affiliates member. Please use Amazon for your purchases; both Oktoberfest and all your other needs. Just click the logo below.
Live from the Wiesn...
Friday, May 29, 2009
Wednesday, May 27, 2009
.... the gang, dubbed, "yankee buveurs," raided at least 12 establishments in three days leaving the entire Old Town neighborhood running low on beer, white and red wine, bourbon, and Irish whisky. Witnesses agreed that the two female gang members were, "darling," but accounts varied widely regarding the men who were described as both tall and short but dashingly handsome. Regarding the vast quantities the gang consumed, one proprietor noted, "it was as if they were training for something ...."
Monday, May 25, 2009
Friday, May 22, 2009
Wednesday, May 20, 2009
Final prep is being made in paris, then we'll officially be on autopilot.
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
This is a picture of my friend Helen and I at our annual belly dance production last Saturday.
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Minutes from the April meeting were summarized and approved.
- Starting Balance for April: $0 US
- Expenditures for April: $0 US
- Ending Balance: $0 US
Discussion of H1N1 virus and how it might affect attendance and the health of attendees.
Should the committee pay for masks or immunizations when available? The decision was tabled until further study, but most thought drinking enough bier would kill any virus. In addition, consuming the local Pork products could also build up one's immunity.
Discussion on how to encourage Blog postings, or punish non-posters.
The Dutch representative, Barbus, brought a motion to the floor to punish members who do not post at least once a week. The American representative, Chugger, seconded the motion, and discussion continued. After further discussion of alternatives, the following requirements were agreed to by unanimous vote of the attending member states and entered into the bylaws:
- Beginning the 1st full week of June, all Oktoberfest attendees must post a minimum of one new Blog topic per week (Comments to topics do not count)
- Multiple postings in one week cannot be "carried over" to any subsequent week; each week starts a new requirement for posting
- A husband and wife team must meet the weekly posting requirement, but no one member of the team can make all posts for a given month
- Posts can be made through the traditional Web interface, or via email. Please contact Chugger if you need to know how to use email
- A weekly tally will be maintained at the top of the Oktoberfest Visits Blog detailing each attendee's contributions
- For every week that an attendee does not post, that attendee will be required to buy a round of bier for the team
- Waivers and exceptions for non-posting must be brought to the attention of the full committee, with a super majority of 2/3 of the attending members agreeing before a waiver can be approved
Of course I will keep posting when it has to with Beer. Next to this visit my journey blog Barbusmmr2009.blogspot.com when you are interested in Wine.
Send me an email if you want to know how.
Ein Prosit !
Sent from My BlackBerry (excuzz any spelling missteaks)
Friday, May 08, 2009
Thursday, May 07, 2009
Sitting in the backyard of Casa Finlay, listening to Jimmy Buffet, and sipping, nay drinking, a nice Claret, anticipating a bacon wrapped filet, I ponder the world. I whistle a jaunty tune. And I yearn for the buzz of the tents, the rush of the train, the scent of the sausage, and the spirit of Bavaria.
Peace to all and cheers!