The 2022 Bier Immersion onslaught and Oktoberfest visit are in the history books. What will 2023 bring for our intrepid band of bier connoisseurs? Here's the countdown to the start of Oktoberfest 2023...

Visit Dave Finlay's Oktoberfest Resources site to learn more about our past visits, some history and interesting anecdotes.


Click the Arrow for the Live Feed

Thursday, September 01, 2011

SORRY

As some of you have heard, I had an unfortunate accident and broke my hip / femur. I will no longer be attending Oktoberfest this year. I not only regret missing out on the event, I’m sorry I will not get a chance to have a drink with you guys. There is always next year, God the sucks to say. My brother in law “ Betruken” will still get to have a drink with you guys and take pictures for me. I hope you all have a great time. Drink a lot, stay safe, and most immortally, PROST,

3 comments:

Alkoholische said...

Importantly Prost.

Chugger said...

I actually like the term "immortally", kind of prophetic.

We will certainly miss your prowess at downing the Golden Nectar. In addition, we too will miss the opportunity to actually meet you. Unfortunately there's not going to be a next year; probably a next time in 2013 :-)

That will actually be the 20 year anniversary of our first trip, and I hear BarleyMan has something wonderful planned for the event.

BarleyMan said...

Your spirit will live on. Watch the web cam and you may see us raising glasses high in the air in your honor. Ein Prosit!