The 2022 Bier Immersion onslaught and Oktoberfest visit are in the history books. What will 2023 bring for our intrepid band of bier connoisseurs? Here's the countdown to the start of Oktoberfest 2023...

Visit Dave Finlay's Oktoberfest Resources site to learn more about our past visits, some history and interesting anecdotes.


Click the Arrow for the Live Feed

Monday, September 12, 2011

Cant Keep Me From Attending

I have been planning this trip to Oktoberfest with my brother in law and best friend Betrunken for over a year. Approx. 5 weeks ago I broke my femur neck at the hip and had surgery to correct the injury. I informed members of the blog that I would not be attending this year however Betrunken and several other friends would still be attending. Next week I will be at the six week mark since surgery and I am recovering well. I think my age, light weight, and overall athletic demeanor have helped. Oh, and of course my desire to drink bier with all of you. I’m still using crutches however I am walking very well and without out any pain. So I have decided to attend the fest. I will have to drink half as much bier this year because walking drunk on crutches is not an easy task. The way I see it, I would rather come to Oktoberfest and drink half the amount of bier than stay home thinking about everyone else drinking without me. In closing I have one damaged leg but god blessed me with an extra one. I have two good arms to support the crutches. You can knock me down but I’m getting back up to fill my glass.
Prost.

Alkoholische

4 comments:

Chugger said...

What an Oktoberfester ! ! ! ! !

I will certainly nominate you as the second inductee into our Hall of Fame (I'm the first, of course).

While we all look forward to your trip, I hope it is the right decision for you. Ask your doctor for a "Blue Man Tag", it might help gaining access to lots of stuff.

Worst case for you, a few extra Euros for a taxi instead of the U/S-bahn.

Yee Ha !!

BarleyMan said...

Fantastic news....

We will soon be raising a glass, not in your honor in abstentia, but in person!

Get the blue placard... may come in handy.

Chugger said...

Just wish others had your spirit and determination.

der Kubaner said...

Wow! I, as a former Marine, must salute your dedication. I look forward to sharing a beer with you. Awesome story! By the way, a drunk guy on crutches might look a little like the guy from Something About Mary.