The 2022 Bier Immersion onslaught and Oktoberfest visit are in the history books. What will 2023 bring for our intrepid band of bier connoisseurs? Here's the countdown to the start of Oktoberfest 2023...

Visit Dave Finlay's Oktoberfest Resources site to learn more about our past visits, some history and interesting anecdotes.


Click the Arrow for the Live Feed

Sunday, August 07, 2005

What Happened Did You All Leave Early?

I am beginning to think you people ALL decided to go to the Fest early or else you are all in Japan, Switzerland, San Diego or whatever. I STILL need to know whether I need to get train tickets; oh wise ones. Based upon being at the Marriott and also since we might take some trips. I DON"T KNOW WHAT TRIPS OR WHERE! This is your chance to tell me "where to go " and how to get there.

Happy Day

3 comments:

Chugger said...

I still believe that the "no train pass" option is the best. So, in response to your directive to tell you "where to go".... I say go have a homebrew and dream about what will happen 51 days from now.

BarleyMan said...

I concur. While I am not sure where you and Bonnie will be going after the 'fest, I don't think the trips Chugger has proposed will give us enough reasong to buy train passes.

However, You may want to look at "Day Passes" (Tages Karte?) for the MVV. THis will give you unlimited travel in the city (S-Bahn), where most of our trips will be.

Einfahrt said...

Grumpy. I think the "no train pass" discussion concludes that those at the Excelsior and/or Alfa hotels will not need passes as we can get to the Oktoberfest grounds, the HofBrauHaus, and local bier gartens without paying for rail (walking distance). I don't know where the Marriot is, so don't know if you need day-to-day train travel in order to get to some of our daily venues. You may not need a train pass for this but merely a U-Bahn book of tickets. For the day-trips, the economic council (Chugger and Barley,) have determined the pay-as-you-go route is cheaper than the train pass.

Hope that helps in your decision.