Here's the countdown to the start of Oktoberfest 2024...

Visit Dave Finlay's Oktoberfest Resources site to learn more about our past visits, some history and interesting anecdotes.


Click the Arrow for the Live Feed

Thursday, August 25, 2005

BREAKING NEWS! .....FLOOD in WELTENBURG...














The flood which the last few days hits Austria, Switzerland and the South of Germany, now has reached WELTENBURG and KELHEIM. I have not been able to get pictures of the Kloster, but people mentioned the water reached the first floorlevel. All monks work hard to stop the beerbarrels swimming the Donau. Here you see the stricken area and pictures of the Weltenburg village. More news in the next bulletin.

1 comment:

BarleyMan said...

In my research, I found a site which had photos of the Kloster, with High Water marks indicating the flooding levels in years past.

When I heard of the huge rains in Germany and Austria, I immediately thought of the bier at Weltenburg.

I hope it is safe.