The 2022 Bier Immersion onslaught and Oktoberfest visit are in the history books. What will 2023 bring for our intrepid band of bier connoisseurs? Here's the countdown to the start of Oktoberfest 2023...

Visit Dave Finlay's Oktoberfest Resources site to learn more about our past visits, some history and interesting anecdotes.


Click the Arrow for the Live Feed

Sunday, June 07, 2009

Insanity

Considering a 30 day moritorium on booze to jumpstart my weightloss efforts - somebody talk me out of it!!

6 comments:

Chugger said...

Hard to consider that request on a site that discusses the ultimate drinking venue :-)

But nice to see that a 30 day moratorium would end before we go to Aruba.

Holmes said...

That was at 10:30 this morning - contemplation lasted less than three hours.

Chugger said...

Phew...

Had me worried there.

Einfahrt said...

In my case adding a protein shock in the morning where before I had skipped breakfast. Now an egg or a piece of sausage. Simple protein, hardly any calories, but it gwets my metabolism up for the morning.

Later, Pitchers of water halt my desire for evening snacks and colas.

Also added: exercise, at least 30 minutes aerobic each day.

What works for me, might not work for anyone else, but beer has not been cut, nor wine, nor in particular any item of my meals. Maybe I'm not as hungry, so portions are smaller, but not rhrough will, but through lack of desire.

Anyway, best you whatever works for you.

paulaner girl said...

It's so much easier for men....you have no idea.

BarleyMan said...

Paulaner Girl is full of desire... hmmmm.