Here's the countdown to the start of Oktoberfest 2024...

Visit Dave Finlay's Oktoberfest Resources site to learn more about our past visits, some history and interesting anecdotes.


Click the Arrow for the Live Feed

Monday, June 22, 2009

Favorite Tents

Do we have a tent strategy this year? Last time I was in Munich, I think we only made it into the tents once, and once is just not enough. Since the whole purpose is to attend Oktoberfest, we need to spend more quality time communing with the German people in their natural habitat, while drinking their national beverage. In other words, visit the beer tents. So I propose we have a plan.

In past years, which tents have been our favorites? I must admit, my memory gets a little foggy as to which tents we've even been in. Of course, true to my name, I like Paulaner. The tents that serve it are: Armbrustschützenzelt, Winzerer Fähndl, and Käfer's Wies'n Schänke. However, I can't ever remember being in these tents. I know we've been in Löwenbräu and Augustiner-Festhalle, but from there it all becomes fuzzy. I'm sure I just ate too many pretzals.

4 comments:

Barbus said...

What happened with the opportunity to reserve a table? I remember that Barleyman with LSI has a liaison with their subsidary in Munich. Does that work out?

Chugger said...

I agree with Paulaner Girl, more time in the tents is important. Our earlier trips were centered on the tents, but we somehow got away from that. I think the large groups of the past made it more difficult. When you have 10-18 people, no way to effectively get a table. Our group of 7 this year should be more manageable. Maybe we need to go earlier.

Some of our targets in the past were:
Pschorr Braeurosl
http://www.oktoberfest.de/en/article/Tents/The+big+tents/Br%C3%A4urosl+-+True+Wiesn+tradition/322/

Löwenbräu
http://www.oktoberfest.de/en/article/Tents/The+big+tents/L%C3%B6wenbr%C3%A4u+-+A+lion+marks+the+spot/321/

Hofbräu Festhalle
http://www.oktoberfest.de/en/article/Tents/The+big+tents/Hofbr%C3%A4u+Festhalle+-+World+famous/314/

BarleyMan said...

I'll have to check. I don't know too many folks in the Munich office. Our 1 guy with Tarari was only a contractor, doubtful he will have a table.

paulaner girl said...

We can schedule a happy hour time on Monday sept 28th, which is from 3:30-6:30, then could maybe find some tables since it's Monday.

The weekend makes it a little more difficult, since all the locals will be there, along with the visitors. It we want to go to a tent on the weekend, we will have to show up early. There's no way we'll get in if we show up in the evening. I sent an email to the Hippodrome people to find out what the music situation is.