Here's the countdown to the start of Oktoberfest 2024...

Visit Dave Finlay's Oktoberfest Resources site to learn more about our past visits, some history and interesting anecdotes.


Click the Arrow for the Live Feed

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Perspective on the World Series

Yes, friends, my beloved Tigers lost the world series. After a great season, they looked sloppy in their losses to St Louis. But it was a fantastic season, and the biggest turn around for any MLB team ever. Something like 14 losing seasons, then they are in The Show.

Now to those of you who felt it necessary to call me and remind me that the Tigers lost, I have a few points to make:

1. The Tigers had a great season, beating "expert" predictions by a wide margin.
2. No team from Ohio made the playoffs, let alone made it to The Show.
3. One caller's college team (Bowling Green) lost to the Temple Owls. The Tempble Owls have not won a game since November...... 2004! I did not call this friend, because I have pity for him and his ilk.
4. It's 85 and sunny where I am. That makes up a lot for losing a baseball game. ;-0

1 comment:

Chugger said...

Glad to know that BarleyMan still has a sense of humor, even when things aren't going well. As a Browns fan, and bowling Green alum, I learned that a long time ago.

Now if he could just get this Oktoberfest thing organized, we would all be in great shape.

There's always next year... Go Tribe ! !