Here's the countdown to the start of Oktoberfest 2024...

Visit Dave Finlay's Oktoberfest Resources site to learn more about our past visits, some history and interesting anecdotes.


Click the Arrow for the Live Feed

Thursday, August 09, 2007

It is with deep regret.....

Friends,

Due to personal reasons, Dave Jr., and I will not be able to attend Oktoberfest 2007. We are sad for missing this years trip, but am confident that Chugger, Einfahrt, Barbus, Joe, and team will carry on the tradition.

I do have a luxurious double room at the Hotel Alfa, during the fest, if anyone else wants to join the group.

I will also assume the title of Grand Puhba Emeritis, and appoint Chugger back to his traditional role as grand Puhba.

I will miss the comraderie we have always experienced on the trip.

Dave

4 comments:

Chugger said...

Sorry to hear this my friend. Your presence and guidance will be deeply missed. We'll see if we can get anyone else to use the room. If not, I will try to plead your case for a refund.

Barbus... want to stay at the luxurious Hotel Alfa with the rest of the gang?

Barbus said...

How much do you pay?
But serious we regret too Barleyman will not be with us. Must be a damned good reason to leave us without his inspiring guidance.

Chugger said...

barbus....

1 room, 4 nights = $1,160.14 = 846.82 EUR

Einfahrt said...

Well there are farts, and there are churches. One tries not to mix them.

Dave, I'll miss you and younger, on the trip. I'll look forward to another year. Meanwhile, do what you need to do.