Here's the countdown to the start of Oktoberfest 2024...

Visit Dave Finlay's Oktoberfest Resources site to learn more about our past visits, some history and interesting anecdotes.


Click the Arrow for the Live Feed

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Day 3 Activities (as Suggested by The Grand Puhba)

As is customary, today we pay homage to the roots of beerdom, the monastery. In particular, we will visit Kloster Andechs, home of the infamous Andechser Doppelbock Dunkel and the succulent Crispy Grilled Pork Knuckle (Gegrillte Haxe).

Other thirst quenchers are also available:









This trip to Andechs combines the pleasure of food and drink, with the obvious religious overtones required on a Sunday. In addition, this time of contemplation will allow us to reflect on the sacrifice of The Grand Puhba Emeritus (TGPE), and his dedication to family matters. In keeping with the wishes of TGPE, we will seek out and allow the senior Shannon to once again test run the local engineering marvels..


Since The Grand Puhba is all knowing and all caring, the remainder of this holy day is left to the glorious flock to propose, organize and execute. This may be the opportunity for the 2009 Grand Puhba in Training to show us his abilities. What say you barbus?

So Speaketh The Grand Puhba.

2 comments:

Barbus said...

UUh, UUh,2009?
Puhba in training? By that time I am retired! (again). So I like to be guided (to the direction I like), adviced (which of course I do not accept), pleased (the way I like it), have fun (I know how), pleased again (because I am difficult to be satisfied), respected (it is ME), believed (I have all the experience) so I only want to be a "Tony Soprano".

BarleyMan said...

As always Grand Puhba, your are benevolent...