Here's the countdown to the start of Oktoberfest 2024...

Visit Dave Finlay's Oktoberfest Resources site to learn more about our past visits, some history and interesting anecdotes.


Click the Arrow for the Live Feed

Thursday, June 09, 2005

Ramblings as the Wedding Approaches...

Nothing of any substance today, just sitting here bored, had a beer at lunch and waiting for a fellow hops aficionado to go do some samplings. So here are the top ten things on my mind at the moment...

1. Almost exactly 9 days from now the ceremony begins.
2. That event is followed by mass quantities of consumption.
3. The mass quantities will be to avoid the non-pleasantries expected through talking with the in-laws.
4. I see the Euro is steady, and maybe even declining slightly more.
5. All hail the Dutch election. It would have been more monumental had they not "followed the French".
6. Speaking of the French, why is it called a "French Kiss"? Who would want to do that to a Frenchman?
7. This picture is especially dedicated to Paulaner Girl and her favorite traveling companion from the 1997 trip.
8. Speaking of 1997, that was 8 years ago.
9. I was going to make this item two parts, but I will combine it into one... without looking, in what year was the "German Purity Law" established? The first question was going to be what is the law actually called? (answer: Reinheitsgebot). So now, what is the year it was established? Remember.... no looking.

and now, the 10th item on my mind.....
Why are you reading this instead of contributing to the Blog?

Oh... for extra credit... What does "Reinheitsgebot" really mean?

What does this all have to do with beer and Oktoberfest? I need beer and I'm looking forward to Oktoberfest. What more do you want?

7 comments:

BarleyMan said...

No looking... hmmmm. 1566?

Barbus said...

What does Reinheitsgebot mean?

Here are some anagrams:

- I sing the beer
- I ignore the best
- Hit beer; it's gone
- Is one beer - thight?

Chugger said...

Barleyman...

You be close.

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to the trip, but considering adding a few days. Difficult as I already have tickets, permission from Mrs. EinFahrt (and tickets for her) but still Paris before, Amsterdam or Alkmarr afterwards? or Prague? ... Probably just due to summer doldrums AND I WANT THE HELL OUT OF HERE oh, sorry, I'm calm now. (beer in hand)

BarleyMan said...

Ahhh.... 1532... it all comes back...or is it 1582? Where is my BDG2M?

BarleyMan said...

Ach! Missed again (had to look it up.) Close enough.

paulaner girl said...

That is the only Le Woodie allowed on trip