Here's the countdown to the start of Oktoberfest 2024...

Visit Dave Finlay's Oktoberfest Resources site to learn more about our past visits, some history and interesting anecdotes.


Click the Arrow for the Live Feed

Friday, June 24, 2005

Places I have never been

As most of you know, I am not a conservative.;-)

What that means is that I revel in new things, never willing to settle for the same old way of doing things.

The same goes for my experiences. I lust for the different, the unique, and the new. I am not so old or senile to forget the many great things we have done in Munich, but as good as they were, I always like new stuff.

So here's the places I have never been, and would be interested in experiencing:

Garmisch
Wurzburg
45 of the Beer Halls in BDG2M
Dachau (the camp and the town)
Weltenburg
Regensburg
Munich Student section
Olympic Park
The nude sunbathing part of Englischer garten (OK, I have been there, but the people change.. so it is new!)
Augsburg

6 comments:

Einfahrt said...

Well, I am a conservative, and so like being effective and getting things (new and old) done. I don't quite 'lust' for the German new experience, but am quite willing to do new stuff.

On your list: Garmisch (Partenkirken) is a nice small village, great ride to the top of a nearby mountain, and great hiking in the hills (picture 'Sound of Music'); Dachau (camp and town) are worthy, however having done the camp, I don't need to see it again; Englischer Garten - plan to; Augsburg - been there, done that. A couple of nice restaurants for dinner (wild game,) but awkward to try and do that.

BarleyMan said...

I can see you are holding back, Einfahrt. It's OK, I understand. ;-)

Getting thing done is good. especially to prevent new medication.

Posting to spur such lively debate. ;-)

BarleyMan said...

Absolutely. It took us 5 trips to Kloster Andechs before we discovered the Barfatorium sinks in the restrooms.

Einfahrt said...

well, currently I'm leaning towards:
Thursday: the grounds and hofbrau haus
Friday: Englishcher gartens; sights in Munich (beer halls, nymphenberg, etc) ehile hooking up with others arriving.
Saturday - the boat trip thingy escribed earlier
Sunday: Andechs
Monday:?
Tuesday: flight home

BarleyMan said...

we shoudl do Hofbrauhaus on friday, to meet up, as usual. I think a diversion on Thursday woul be fine.

Chugger said...

EinFahrt said...
(and my comments are bolded)

Thursday: the grounds and hofbrauhaus ( maybe not Hofbrauhaus, maybe Paulaner Brauhaus in the evening
Friday: Englishcher gartens; sights in Munich (beer halls, nymphenberg, etc) while hooking up with others arriving. ( Englischer, Hofbrauhaus, the grounds
Saturday - the boat trip thingy escribed earlier Agreed ! !
Sunday: Andechs Agreed. Maybe Braustuberl Tegernsee at night?
Monday: Dachau. Camp and/or town.
Tuesday: flight home :-(