Here's the countdown to the start of Oktoberfest 2024...

Visit Dave Finlay's Oktoberfest Resources site to learn more about our past visits, some history and interesting anecdotes.


Click the Arrow for the Live Feed

Sunday, June 12, 2005

Oktoberfester Field Trip report, Tokyo

Barleyman reporting in from Tokyo. No Barley malt in sight. All beer appears to be made from Rice. Hops in minimal quantities.

Any suggestions?

Tried Sapporo Black label last night. Reminded me of Carling Black Label (Mabel, Hey Mabel, Get off of the table, the quarter was for the beer!)

Seriously, anyone know of any Japanese beer worth drinking that I can only get here in country? I like Kirin and Asahi, but both are pretty bland.

10 comments:

Chugger said...

Local Japanese beer is not one of my specialties.

BarleyMan said...

Suntory Draft, 2 Steins.
Sappro Black Label 2 1/2 Steins

paulaner girl said...

excuse me but I think you wrote more in this post then you have written to me since you left....

Barbus said...

Do I sense....?????

BarleyMan said...

Priorities? :-)

Chugger said...

"Do I sense....?????"

Trouble in Paradise??

Barbus said...

He Paulaner Girl, maybe time for someone new? Take your chance !

http://www.plentyoffish.com/member579577.htm

Chugger said...

Go for it. A great selection, and one even has a truck!

Einfahrt said...

Asahi is good, but most beers there are served too cols, and taste better warm. Bland comes from too cold.

paulaner girl said...

Ok cool it guys, David and I fine, am not interested in other fish in the sea.....although Brad Pitt is available.....don't think I could compete with Angelina :>) He looks pretty good when he comes back from a long trip