The 2022 Bier Immersion onslaught and Oktoberfest visit are in the history books. What will 2023 bring for our intrepid band of bier connoisseurs? Here's the countdown to the start of Oktoberfest 2023...

Visit Dave Finlay's Oktoberfest Resources site to learn more about our past visits, some history and interesting anecdotes.


Click the Arrow for the Live Feed

Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Where's my stimulus?

It's a global economy, right? Any spending is good spending, right? If it's good enough for multi-national companies like Government Motors, why isn't it good enough for me?

Shouldn't our economic ober fuhrer be more concerned with my economic well being instead of adding more debt to the nation and "fixing" our unfair healthcare system? (oops, sorry dubyah, someone had to blame somthing on you).

According to various reports... "The dollar fell to a low for the year Tuesday". That means that at $1.45 to the Euro, ein Maß at 8.60 Euro, our Golden Nectar now requires $12.47. As Barbus so frequently says, and I paraphrase, "so what".

All I have to say is, "Hey, Barack, you had the cop over for a beer, why not shoot me a billion or two just to get me through the Augustiner Tent?"

10 comments:

BarleyMan said...

“This isn’t just important for your own life and your own future. What you make of your education will decide nothing less than the future of this country. What you’re learning in school today will determine whether we as a nation can meet our greate...st challenges in the future.”

“Thinking about my kids in school having to listen to that just really upsets me,” suburban Colorado mother Shanneen Barron told CNN.

BarleyMan said...

IN dubya-time it was over $1.50.... So now you're saving money... dude!

paulaner girl said...

yeah that was real dribble they had to listen to. If George Bush had said it, would it have been acceptable?

Chugger said...

My Dear Leftcoast Oktoberfestians,
While I expected, and even wanted some banter about my not even slightly veiled comment, I would have expected you to stick to the topic. But no, as your followers are prone to do when confronted with facts or statements they cannot address, you change the subject. I said nothing about any dribble or education speech; in fact, except for the first attempt at trying to play teacher, I had no problem with the speech.
While there was some legitimate (and certainly ideological illegitimate banter), as least the right didn't go as far as the left when Bush 41 made his speak to the kids. Congress investigated, and even had the GAO look into the legality of the money spent on the speech.
Seems you are either shooting the arrows or catching the arrows. Ah, it is true; absence and long distance discourse make the heart grow fonder.
See you in 16 days, 6 hours (or there abouts) 

paulaner girl said...

I was actually commenting on the inane remark made by the colorado mother, not your post chugger. I do think that we should get some stimulus aid to help the global economy. That's what I keep telling people I'm doing when I travel.

BarleyMan said...

Yea,

And I stayed on point, showing you that under Dub-ya Days, the Euro was OVER $1.50... ergo the rate is cheaper now than it was.

And, if you have invested $1,000 in the market the day Obama became President, you'd have your stimulus money.... an extra $194. Which would buy an extra 15 Masses of bier (that's 2 rounds)

BUT... if you would have waited for the Bush economy run it's course... and invested that same $1000 at the bottom of the Bush market slide... you would have an extra $468... that's alot of extra beer.

SO... the moral of the story..If you had BELIEVED in Change.. you would now have that stimulus.

Chugger said...

Ok, point number 1....

Please tell me when the dollar to euro was worse? It has never been this bad.

BarleyMan said...

A huge part of 2008..

January
1.47178 USD (23 days average)
February
1.47554 USD (21 days average)
March
1.55202 USD (21 days average)
April
1.57536 USD (22 days average)
May
1.55646 USD (22 days average)
June
1.55617 USD (21 days average)
July
1.57564 USD (23 days average)
August
1.49561 USD (21 days average)
September
1.43565 USD (22 days average)

Chugger said...

I stand corected. But...

Feb '09 1.28

Mar '09 1.31

Apr '09 1.33

May '09 1.36

Jun '09 1.41

Jul '09 1.42

Aug '09 1.43

See a pattern here since inauguartion?

Barbus said...

Next year it will be different. The even years always were cheaper. Check the Statistics. So why not come next year again;