Here's the countdown to the start of Oktoberfest 2024...

Visit Dave Finlay's Oktoberfest Resources site to learn more about our past visits, some history and interesting anecdotes.


Click the Arrow for the Live Feed

Thursday, April 21, 2005

Off to School This Weekend

Well, it is approximately 2:35PM eastern time, and I'm about to wrap things up and head to Bowling Green for my final weekend of classes this semester. As a matter of fact, this is technically the final weekend of classes for my MBA program. Yee Ha ! ! ! ! In May it's off to Europe for 2 weeks (with a training visit to the Hofbrauhaus included), and then just a review weekend in June.

I plan two very important tasks this weekend.... 1) not take class too seriously and 2) make plans for the Europe trip. The second item is also part of the first. Part of this planning is to try and arrange a special visit with Barbus in Frankfurt. Hopefully we can make arrangements for him to address our group, then educate us on the finer things associated with beer drinking in Germany. Not that we need any real help there, but you never know.

3 comments:

Barbus said...

My dear Chugger,
We are delighted to have you and your fellows over here in the "beer" country Germany, although Frankfurt is the less German country in Germany, meaning a good wine is also available.
And as I wil not teach you the theory of beer and the drinking of, I like to link you to a very good site;

http:://www.bierboerse.com/

But of course the practicum is on my site; many good BierGarten in the area, so......

:) Barbus

BarleyMan said...

Ahhh.

I cannot wait for the post-postgraduate work in September. ;-)

Anonymous said...

I'm sure there is a reason for me to be in Frankfurt next month. Now, just what was it again?!?