Here's the countdown to the start of Oktoberfest 2024...

Visit Dave Finlay's Oktoberfest Resources site to learn more about our past visits, some history and interesting anecdotes.


Click the Arrow for the Live Feed

Friday, May 04, 2012

Never too early...

to start talking about 2013.

I'm sure we will have this discussion for months to come, so let's get it started now. Should we change our structure for the 20th Anniversary trip?

We have traditionally traveled on Thursday, arriving on Friday, and departing on Tuesday. Since this will be a milestone event, I propose a change in logistics. Let's make this a true event, with plenty of time to relive the past and explore new venues. I suggest we leave on Saturday, arrive on Sunday, and depart on Friday or Saturday, depending on your preference.

There are several advantages to this idea, the biggest of which is probably less crowds during the week! Maybe we can return to the days of spending more time at the tents. Remember, we will all be 20 years older and would enjoy the comfort of the benches.

Please opine.

7 comments:

Alkoholische said...

Greetings Chugger,
I know we where just 2011 extended friends but I am going to do my best to get Betrunken back in 2013. He had a fourth child so it might be a hard sell to his wife. By the way we are having an Oktoberfest party on Sept 22 2012 at my residence in Maryland approx 150 guest. I know its a drive but the invite is there.

Chugger said...

Thanks for the invite, depending on where you are in Maryland, it might be an interesting weekend excursion. Maybe I can talk Einfarht into a road trip.

How's your hip, etc.

Alkoholische said...

Hip is doing well. I live in Southern Maryland between the Patuxent River and Potomac River. 10 minutes from the Patuxent River Naval Air Station and 35 minutes from Washington DC. I will give more detail closer to Sept.

Betrunken said...

You know if I had enough support from the Munich travel troops at the party maybe I could convince my lovely wife into letting me go back sooner than "Hmmmmm" when did she say I could go back..... Oh I remember, never again... We would love to see you guys again. And though Mark is setting up a DJ for the event I am sure you can make as many requests as you would like Chugger...

Chugger said...

I've already talked to Einfahrt about this, and I think he can be convinced. I have even asked my wife to go (Designated Walker), and while she didn't say 'yes', she didn't say 'no'.

Big question is 3 or 4 day trip? :-)

We are here to do anything we can to convince your wife on the better things in life.

Keep us posted ( I wonder what airfare looks like).

BarleyMan said...

Roadtrip!

Also, since I have to take a week of work off anyway, not bad bookending on the weekend...

Chugger said...

Let's make it a plan !