Here's the countdown to the start of Oktoberfest 2024...

Visit Dave Finlay's Oktoberfest Resources site to learn more about our past visits, some history and interesting anecdotes.


Click the Arrow for the Live Feed

Monday, September 10, 2007

Grand Puhba Status Still Undetermined

Please reference this post detailing the issue that I, your glorious Grand Puhba am faced with.

Because of the Friday evening LobsterFest activities, I was unable to make my Saturday doctor appointment, so my status for the trip is still undetermined. While I appreciate the encouragement offered by FlyingDan, Barbus and BarleyMan, I was disappointed in the lack of third party consultative activities during the 'fest (not to be confused with THEEE FEST !! ! !). There was nothing to assure me that my condition would not be life threatening, or at least seriously harmful to myself or others. So with our departure to the Fatherland quickly approaching, I am facing a major decision point.

I now believe that while this is a medical issue, there may not be anything that a doctor can do for me. I need to work this out myself with the cooperation and encouragement of friends and family; especially my fellow Oktoberfestians. Barbus' recommendation of the medical help available in Amsterdam may be what convinces me to travel. The "up and down" therapy offered by these experts may very well mitigate the issues, and allow me to continue the trip to Munchen. In addition, the train ride from Amsterdam may also offer an opportunity for rest and relaxation, ensuring that my arm could indeed manage the strain that will be placed upon it.

I hope to make a "go no-go" decision this Wednesday evening after treatment with the local golden elixor known as "Bad Juans".

May The Prost Be With You !

No comments: