Here's the countdown to the start of Oktoberfest 2024...

Visit Dave Finlay's Oktoberfest Resources site to learn more about our past visits, some history and interesting anecdotes.


Click the Arrow for the Live Feed

Friday, July 20, 2007

Holy Crap... It's a really good time

Friends,

Wow! Only 2 months until we get in the big silver cylinder and take off for Munich!

Dave Jr. (Private Hops) and I are pysched for this year's trip. Wherever we go, no matter what we see, there is one constant that remains...... there is beer. The best beer in the world!

I recommend, given the 2 newbies on the trip, that we definitely visit Kloster Andechs. I am resolute in my duty to find out if the barfatorium is indeed for the expunging of gastro-intestinal fluids. See http://www.davefinlay.com/JoeVomit.JPG

I also want to suck down a haxen with a Dopple-bock. ( I once met a cute young haxen with a dopple bock... but that is another story)

I will leave the other destinations up to others. I know Dave and I will sojourn to a previously unvisited beer garden on Friday for lunch, and meet up with the team on Friday around 5 at HbH.

What are everyone's thoughts on other day trips?

Maybe some of the newbies could speak up, and impress their elders on their research... I am really looking forward to welcoming Patric and Dave Jr. to our brethren.

Prost!

Grand Puhba

BTW... Anyone need directions? Visit the official site and learn about our customs for the trip. Visit http://www.davefinlay.com/Oktoberfest/oktoberfest.htm

2 comments:

Chugger said...

I do agree that a trek to a religious venue full of Haxn and Dopple Bock would be inspirational.

As to other options, our inspiration for these treks, Herr Larry, the Fieldfuehrer and the author of the world's most appropriate piece of literature, proclaimed in an earlier thread ....

"You guys HAVE been to Braeustueberl Tegernsee, right? Why not that one? Or maybe the Tram 17 Beer Trek (pg. 49) -- includes Fasanerie, Zur Schwaige (most all of Nymphenburg you need to see), Hirschgarten (what's left of Nymphenburg you need to see), and Augustiner Keller, on the way back to the Hauptbahnhof and one stop away from the Wies'n. Now that would be a pretty good warm up to the O-fest. Eliska and I are headed there Aug. 2, but will be back Sept. 1. Had a great time at the Fruehlingsfest this spring, though. Cheers."

BarleyMan said...

Leave it to chugger to read the holy scriptures and find the answer.

I vote for Braeustueberl Tegernsee then the tram 17 beer trek. Sounds like a marathon!