Here's the countdown to the start of Oktoberfest 2024...

Visit Dave Finlay's Oktoberfest Resources site to learn more about our past visits, some history and interesting anecdotes.


Click the Arrow for the Live Feed

Friday, June 22, 2007

Almost Time for Italy (and some wine and beer sampling)

We leave on Friday the 6th, and will be drinking Chianti and maybe some birra for about 10 days. Since no one reads this blog anymore, I thought it was appropriate to post something that might actually attract participation. Maybe there are plenty of Italian lovers out there that would love to comment. Post something and let me know.

On a non-related topic, I sent emails to both of my senators yesterday (Mr. Brown (D) and Mr. Voinovich (R)), expressing my opinion on the pending immigration legislation, and asking them to please vote "my way". "My way" is a topic for another discussion. I sent the exact same email (salutation different, of course), and in one paragraph stated that I had not read the entire proposed bill, but hope that he had. Well, later in the day I received a response from both senators.

Senator Voinovich thanked me for my comments, and even tried to address a couple items in my email. Great response (even if it was from his staff). I also received a response from Senator Brown. His email appreciated my comments on English as the primary language for the United States. Huh ??? I guess my joking about not reading the proposed legislation is appropriate for emails as well.

I have sent a response to Senator Brown this morning, we'll see if the Mea Culpas come today or not.

2 comments:

BarleyMan said...

Ok Chugger....

Sure is EASY to comment on immigration when you live in OHIO!

I guess you have to deal with Canadians stading outside your grocery store looking for day work. ;-)

Have fun in Italy. Carry you rpassport and tourist visa.

Chugger said...

"guess you have to deal with Canadians stading outside your grocery store looking for day work."

Kentuckians looking for used vehicles and refrigerators.