Here's the countdown to the start of Oktoberfest 2024...

Visit Dave Finlay's Oktoberfest Resources site to learn more about our past visits, some history and interesting anecdotes.


Click the Arrow for the Live Feed

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Field Report #4

My last day in Munich started off rather well. Still had a nice buzz from the previous night at the Hofbrauhaus. We closed it down and were told to go home. The "Babes in Deustchland" love those litres ! !

Anyway, the day was quickly ruined. I took the U-Bahn over to the Wiesen, and to my surprise, guess what I saw.....

Nothing ! ! ! A complete empty field. How humiliating and disgusting. I was expecting to have a nice litre to quench my thirst, maybe some Hendel and a radish. Knowing I would not need to fight the crowds, I was excited. But NO ! ! ! ! A sight no human being should be subjected to. I took pictures and will post them later, but prepare yourself for the worst. They will not be censored, and young children and women should be protected.

Finally, there were also two hotel viewings this morning. The traditional Hotel Alfa and the Hotel Excelsior.

Well, it´s off for a brat and a bier. Chugger signing off for the final time on this research trip. Additional information and pictures to follow once I am safely deposited back at home base.

Prosit ! !

No comments: