Here's the countdown to the start of Oktoberfest 2024...

Visit Dave Finlay's Oktoberfest Resources site to learn more about our past visits, some history and interesting anecdotes.


Click the Arrow for the Live Feed

Monday, January 27, 2020

VOTE !

... for this year's Oktoberfest Visits' Grand Poobah.




This is a coveted position amongst Oktoberfestians. The Grand Poobah is responsible for all planning and execution of the Oktoberfest Visit. This includes, but is not limited to finalizing the dates of the visit, proposing/final decision and scheduling of Day Trips, and day to day organization of the Oktoberfestians. Individual activities may be delegated by the Grand Poobah to different Oktoberfestians, but this delegation may only be done if the designated Oktoberfestian has a unique talent or insight that provides a measurable advantage to the group. All designations must be approved by the Grand Poobah Emeritus.

This year's candidates for Grand Poobah are:



Barley Man

and there may not be any write-in candidates/votes. Voting is open until the end of business (eastern time), 12 February.

11 comments:

BarleyMan said...

What an honor.


However, no one can negotiate with Anton like you can, Chugger. ;-)

Chugger said...

"delegation may only be done if the designated Oktoberfestian has a unique talent or insight"

I would stipulate I have unique insight to deal with Anton.

Flying Dan said...

My vote is a conditional yes. Unless we come up with a fake dossier that he was molesting a belly dancer in a strange foreign country, then I suggest Hell yes he is the right man for the job. Get er done.

BarleyMan said...

My wife is a Belly Dancer. Don't have to travel overseas for that kind of stuff.

Unless you consider California a Strange Foreign Country.

Flying Dan said...

And I believe she has been with you in foreign countries, so Hell yes for Dave. Break out the wooden pop cycle sticks and duct tape. No little blue pill needed.

Chugger said...

Only one more day available for voting for the Grand Poobah. Results will be announced during Chugger's combined retirement/birthday get together.

BarleyMan said...

This reminds me of Iowa. Happy Birthday Chugger!

Flying Dan said...

I am from Illinois and I know how to vote early and often
A little trick I learned from the Democrats in Chicago
I vote Yes
My deceased father votes Yes
My deceased grandparents vote Yes
My deceased aunts and uncles vote yes
The Cook County Cemetery votes yes

Do I need to find any more votes? Ha ha

sittinginacornfield said...

results may be delayed, due to coding issues and/or hanging chads.

Chugger said...

Results have indeed been delayed, but the tally is final. In a nail biter, this year's Grand Poobah is......


Barley Man.

Congratulations are in order.

Flying Dan said...

Congratulations Dave. The democratic machine pulled out a nail biter.