Here's the countdown to the start of Oktoberfest 2024...

Visit Dave Finlay's Oktoberfest Resources site to learn more about our past visits, some history and interesting anecdotes.


Click the Arrow for the Live Feed

Tuesday, February 19, 2019

A new visit theme....


We, primarily Barley Man, have assigned theme names to our visits over the years. For example:

  • The Woody Trip
  • The Barf Olympics
  • Dutch Treat

These were all good monikers, but almost always were assigned after the trip. For good reason, it was a way to commemorate the experience. However, a fellow Oktoberfestian has recently proposed a new trip theme.


That's right, a Father/Daughter themed visit. Dad would bring his daughter. Oh, did I mention, the proposal is for this year... 2019?

10 comments:

Einfahrt said...

Request forwarded to number one daughter.

I suspect this might get out of hand. Moms, siblings, aunts, uncles, pets, . . .

Let's see where it goes though.

Chugger said...

Well, is tough for even Chugger to see how this gets out of hand. Someone else inquires about going, you just ask one question....

Are you my daughter?
... No? Oh, you're her mother, then arrange a shopping trip, so 'no'
... No? Oh, your her aunt, sorry, 'no'.
... No? Oh, the fiance'. You'll have plenty of time in the future, so 'no'.


Easy peasy.

BarleyMan said...

I have 2 daughters. And 2 daughters in law. Yikes!

Chugger said...

For the record...

Daughter-in-law ≠ Daughter

Daughters ≠ Daughter

BarleyMan said...

So I gotta pick one? Aye Yi Yi...

Einfahrt said...

Well the fiance might be welcome. Got to get to know the guy.

BarleyMan said...

So Einfahrt... He'll bunk with you?

Chugger said...

Ok,

We all agree I'm anal when it comes to planning these excursions. I have been told there is a 60:40 chance of this happening. But from what I am hearing, I think it is upwards of 85:15.

As a result, I'm thinking arrival 27 September witn departure 1 October. Other than telling me to not get ahead of myself, what think you if I at least contact Anton?

Barbus said...

Ah...... just read about this Fa/Do event. And immediately I asked my daughter if she wanted to join.
But great disappointment for both of us. The planned dates do not match her 2 years study which she starts this month.
Now my question is if I can join when I take take a “lease-daughter” with me.

Chugger said...

I guess it depends on how much the "lease" will cost you.