The 2022 Bier Immersion onslaught and Oktoberfest visit are in the history books. What will 2023 bring for our intrepid band of bier connoisseurs? Here's the countdown to the start of Oktoberfest 2023...

Visit Dave Finlay's Oktoberfest Resources site to learn more about our past visits, some history and interesting anecdotes.


Click the Arrow for the Live Feed

Tuesday, September 04, 2018

The one and only schedule thread

There have been separate threads and now emails about activities and/or day trips. Let's try to keep everything here.

I will edit this original post as necessary based upon comments and agreements; ie. Jane's proposed tours. As usual, this is nothing more than suggestions (items in black). If we finalize something I will note it as appropriate. So remember, normal black items are proposals/thoughts, and blue items are set.

Thursday the 27th

  • Chugger and Designated Walker arrive 08:00
  • Barley Man and Paulaner Girl arrive 11:00
  • Einfahrt arrival 08:45
  • barbus and Schlumberger Lady arrive 14:00
  • Flying Dan and Patti arrive early afternoon 
  • Lunch at Augustiner Restaurant Grossgaststätte or a Tent
  • 15:30 Hofbrauhaus


Friday the 28th

  • Kloster Benediktbeuern / Kochel am See


Saturday the 29th

  • Viktualienmarkt in the morning
  • Hacker Tent 13:00 - 17:15
  • Continue party in the tent at night


Sunday the 30th

  • Kloster Andechs in the morning


Monday the 1st

  • Most Oktoberfestians depart

10 comments:

BarleyMan said...

Thanks Mr. Border Collie. We were all over the place there. ;-)

Might I suggest Augustiner Restaurant Grossgaststätte as an early meetup point on Thursday, esp if it is a nice day. Jawohl!

Chugger said...

Would that be before or after a couple doner sandwiches?

Paulaner Girl said...

As I see it, there are 2 issues here. One is that the trip is ridiculously short..... The second is that as the schedule stands, we only have one day in the tents. The proposed kloster on Friday looks lovely. I assume its an all day trip. Would we be able to hit the tents afterwards? Or would Sunday after Andechs be better? We may have more luck getting in? Since this is why we do come to Munich, I think one visit is wholly unsatisfying. Maybe if there are people who would prefer a tour over the tents, they can do so.

Thursday prior to Hofbrau, maybe the earlier arrivals could meet up at the Seehaus. Or even run over to the fest grounds.

Chugger said...

All good comments Paulaner Girl. With that said, some comments of my own...

-Sure the trip is short, but no different than normal just moved up a day. Quit bitching :-)

-The trip to the new kloster is less than an hour train ride, so similar to Andechs, it could possibly be done in a morning.

-I'm up for tents whenever we can. Thursday afternoon might work for those of who arrive early before Hofbrauhaus.

Paulaner Girl said...

Hey I'm not bitching. I'm just pointing out the obvious.

BarleyMan said...

"Hey I'm not bitching. I'm just pointing out the obvious."

I have heard this before. ;-)

We are going to try and do the tent late Saturday.

We should definitely do a late drive by after HofBrau on Thursday, and try Sunday as well after Andechs.

I am up for a tour (in Munich) early Saturday, however we may want to visit the Market.

schlumbergerlady said...

I suggest no tour on Saturday!! Market early morning will be great! Afterwards Wies’n!!

Paulaner Girl said...

I forgot the market. Absolutely the market!

BarleyMan said...

I have Benediktbeurn and Kochel in my MVV app. They are only an hour away. The monastery is really nice, and the lake my have boat rides. And beer, of course.

BTW... I recommend having the MVV App on your phone for train and U-Bahn/S-Bahn locations/schedules.

Chugger said...

MVV App and the Deutsche Bahn App.

Maybe we should officially decide to go on Friday.