Here's the countdown to the start of Oktoberfest 2024...

Visit Dave Finlay's Oktoberfest Resources site to learn more about our past visits, some history and interesting anecdotes.


Click the Arrow for the Live Feed

Thursday, August 11, 2016

2011 Memory

In 40 days I touch down in Munich for 8 days of Bier drink.

My last trip to Oktoberfest was in 2011. On the T-minus 40 day mark, I broke my hip requiring surgery so I abruptly had to back out. I had surgery and was miserable knowing my friends and family were going. At about the T-mius 15 day mark I decided to go while on crutches against my doctors advice. The trip was still amazing even though I was in pain. I logged so many miles while walking on my crutches. I walked laps around the English Garden, climbed Eagle Nest, and navagatig around the crowded bier tents. The trip awesome.

So here we are again at the 40 mark, lets not break anything.

3 comments:

Chugger said...

You were a true Oktoberfestian. Didn't let a simple thing like being an invalid get in the way of having a great time.

Maybe we should all just hide in our bier rooms for the next 40 days. Well, 42 for us :-(

Alkoholische said...

I have been give strict instruction from Betrunken not to do anything that can keep me from attending. So I drink in a padded room.

BarleyMan said...

A brilliant showing that year, for sure.