Here's the countdown to the start of Oktoberfest 2024...

Visit Dave Finlay's Oktoberfest Resources site to learn more about our past visits, some history and interesting anecdotes.


Click the Arrow for the Live Feed

Wednesday, May 04, 2016

This year's trip will be different.......

.... and somewhat disappointing. Since this is an even numbered year, we knew that attendance might not be as robust as usual. But since we missed last year, I didn't want to wait another year to renew the visits. Hence, I decided to attend and hoped others would follow. I even agreed to bring my son, along with his new moniker Jeep CJ.

Unfortunately, other traditional Oktoberfestians will not be attending. No Barley Man. No Paulaner Girl. No Einfarht. And now no Barbus or Schlumberger Lady.

Oh well, fun will still be had by all. We will hook up with Alcoholische and Betrunken and wreck havoc as usual.

Just remember, it is never too late to change your mind and go. However, costs tend to increase as you get closer.

Prost !

4 comments:

Alkoholische said...

I'm sorry your fellow Oktoberfestians will not be doing you this year. Betrunken and I will do our best to make your drinking experience memorable.

Alkoholische said...

joining, sorry for typo.

BarleyMan said...

We will miss the trip this year. But nothing will keep me away in 2017. 😃

Chugger said...

Thanks for the support Alcoholische. You would expect better loyalty from the Senior Oktoberfestians. As the Grand Puhba, I may need to reevaluate my supporting cast. Maybe a beheading, or de-biering is in order.