Here's the countdown to the start of Oktoberfest 2024...

Visit Dave Finlay's Oktoberfest Resources site to learn more about our past visits, some history and interesting anecdotes.


Click the Arrow for the Live Feed

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Attendance is Growing !

Looks like another stellar trip for our Anniversary Tour.

As of now, a total of 11 people.  Mostly old core, some returnees, and some newbies.  Looking forward to starting the banter about day trips.  I think we have general ideas, just need to see how we work them into the schedule and drinking.

We will miss those that cannot attend.

Prost !

btw.....  2 weeks from today I will be slamming Mai Tais in Hawaii.  Might even try to find some local microbrews as well.

7 comments:

Paulaner Girl said...

Try the coconut porter....my sister likes it. It's very dark and chewy as I remember.

I will be seeing you guys in 3 weeks. Aloha!

Alkoholische said...

I will be headed to St. Lucia this Friday foy a week of SCUBA and drinking. I will be consuming Mai Tais and Pina Colada's but I will also find some local beers from the island. Any suggestions.

BarleyMan said...

Pitons is the popular beer down there, a light lager, much like Belikin, Presidente, Corona, etc. Its good considering the limits they have locally, and tastes good in the heat.

I have heard that there are some good brew houses, but have never been.

Barbus said...

Btw we head for Beijing, Shanghai and Hongkong start April 5. Tips?

Chugger said...

Shanghai
Don't eat Italian food at the airport.

Hong Kong
Be sure to go to Victoia Peak

Beijing
The obvious; Great Wall, Forbidden City, Tiananmen Square

Barbus said...

@chugger; you are such a good tripadvisor but I am afraid that is only Oktoberfest trips limitted

BarleyMan said...

Barbus... Visit one of the many Pearl markets. They are usually fresh water, but really nice, and cheap. If you see a nice Gold Pearl necklace, Joyce would really like one, hint hint. send me the bill.