The 2022 Bier Immersion onslaught and Oktoberfest visit are in the history books. What will 2023 bring for our intrepid band of bier connoisseurs? Here's the countdown to the start of Oktoberfest 2023...

Visit Dave Finlay's Oktoberfest Resources site to learn more about our past visits, some history and interesting anecdotes.


Click the Arrow for the Live Feed

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Let the Planning Begin !

I have said in the past (inaccurately of course), that various Oktoberfest visits were my last.  Next year is different, my intent is that 2013 is my final year.  I say "intent" because things can always change.  I'm not a politician; intent means I do not plan to go again.  That doesn't mean I won't if someone makes me "an offer I can't refuse".  

My son Gregory will be joining us next year, so I am figuratively "passing the torch".  He may never go again, but, oh well, I tried.  Also, since this is the 20 year anniversary of our first trip, how could I not go?

[tears on]  I need to maintain my perfect attendance record as the only original Oktoberfestian to attend all events. (Hint: An award would be nice.) [/tears off].  It would be nice to give that same award to Barley Man and Einfahrt, but what do I know?

I know it is early, but let's plan both a nostalgic trip and something new.  Extending our trip to a full week means:

Kloster Andechs?
Eagles Nest and the Salt Mines?
Kloster Weltenberg?
Rothenburg?
Tuna Fish Pizza?

2 comments:

BarleyMan said...

For us on the west coast, it has always been a five vacation day trip. Now we are positioning it to take advantage of the weekends. ;-)

I liked the Weltenburg trip, and wouldn't mind tripping to the salt mine again. Maybe even enjoying the Eagles nest.

Alkoholische said...

Betrunken and I wont be going back until 2014 however if it was possible my last trip I would have to go to the Eagles Nest and Rothenburg.