Here's the countdown to the start of Oktoberfest 2024...

Visit Dave Finlay's Oktoberfest Resources site to learn more about our past visits, some history and interesting anecdotes.


Click the Arrow for the Live Feed

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Check Out the New Format ! ! !

Well Oktoberfestians, I've spent most of the weekend upgrading the blog.  It hasn't been touched since our first post back in March of 2005.  This new format gives us Blog Meisters some additional flexibility and ease of use for making changes.

As with anything knew, there may be some hiccups, but that's probably from all the Maß I had while making the change.  Please let me know what you think, especially if it is good input.

Prost to All !

8 comments:

Barbus said...

great update! but why not have the countdown (and backgound) screen wide?

Chugger said...

I can make the background wider, but I don't know about the actual count down. I'll see what I can do. Thanks Barbus.

BarleyMan said...

I don't see the poll. ??

And Why does Einfahrt have a "1" but his name?

Will send screenshot..

Chugger said...

Einfahrt has had a superscripted "1" for a long time. Just highlighting there is a note that goes with him; ie. not going.

I didn't have the heart to officially remove him from the list, but maybe it is time.

I'm having trouble with customizing the poll. Still working on the color matching, and transparency.

Betrunken said...

I love the new layout; it must have taken you some time. However, I only have one comment, if we are leaving on the 21 of Sept 2011 then the countdown days until our flight is 147 not 150. This is a good thing… (Prost!)

Chugger said...

Thanks for the input, Betrunken.

The timer countdown is targeted at 15:30 on Sept. 23, which is when we hope to have our first bier at the Hofbrauhaus.

Getting closer.

BarleyMan said...

Chugger,

On my ipad, the position of the countdown boobs and your image yield a disturbing sight.

Also, the text is hard to read because it is light grey...

Chugger said...

Which text Barleyman? The post text? I can read it fine on my iPad.

Have a suggested color?