The 2022 Bier Immersion onslaught and Oktoberfest visit are in the history books. What will 2023 bring for our intrepid band of bier connoisseurs? Here's the countdown to the start of Oktoberfest 2023...

Visit Dave Finlay's Oktoberfest Resources site to learn more about our past visits, some history and interesting anecdotes.


Click the Arrow for the Live Feed

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Today My Mind Wanders

As of tomorrow, August 30th, I, along with approximately 2500 other Sterling Commerce employees, officially become an IBMer.  Certainly good in the long term for the company, and probably good from a personal perspective.  More opportunities for growth and hopefully travel.

Speaking of travel, as I peruse the web, I see that this year's Oktoberfest is only 19 days away.  That makes me wonder, which weekend will we go next year, and will there be a pre-trip?

I know, it's early, but you know us Oktoberfestians, never too early to talk about it.  I suggest we do the 2nd weekend, which seems to have become "the usual".  That would mean arrival on 23 September, with departure on 27 September.

As for a pre-trip, I say Yavohl !  Back to Amsterdam? Maybe finally do Berlin?  There's always Paris.

Just some weekend ramblings.

2 comments:

BarleyMan said...

I am definitely in, given I have enough vacation saved up. No telling where we'll be next Oktober.

Pre trip? Vienna would be cool.

Barbus said...

We are in! Second weekend is fine.