The 2022 Bier Immersion onslaught and Oktoberfest visit are in the history books. What will 2023 bring for our intrepid band of bier connoisseurs? Here's the countdown to the start of Oktoberfest 2023...

Visit Dave Finlay's Oktoberfest Resources site to learn more about our past visits, some history and interesting anecdotes.


Click the Arrow for the Live Feed

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

It's Never Too Early to Plan ... Part II

As the start of Oktoberfest 2008 is just around the corner, I begin to yearn for that nice Maß of the Golden Nectar. I know we have recently frequented the Hofbrauhaus in Newport, KY and Las Vegas, but it is just not the same. So, since time always seems to fly as we gracefully move along in our years, I begin to think about planning for our 2009 sojourn. So, my current Top 10 serious questions begin to float to the top of the wort....

1. Is the group returning for our 8th adventure?
I sure hope so. I might even have two young Vozelinies who want to go.

2. When should we go?
Well, the schedule for The 'fest is 19 September - 4 October. I would suggest 25 September through 28 September, the middle weekend.

3. Who would be the Grand Pubah 2009?
I believe we anointed barbus in 2007, but he was somewhat hesitant. I wonder if he is really up to the challenge.

4. Is there a unique, never before been attempted Day Trip possible?
Kloster Weltenburg in 2005 was a great opportunity, but the weather "dampened" our spirits just a bit. I wonder if the Grand Puhba (whoever he may be) can set the bar so high that surpassing the excitement of the trip would be next to impossible?

5. Do we limit attendance to the core male Oktoberfestians, sort of a modified originals (+ barbus) reunion?
A novel approach (not withstanding my comment in answer #1).

6. Would another reserved table be on the agenda?
Would be nice. We could ask the Hotel Alfa again, and Herr Rang has said his Paulaner distributor friend could help.

7. Will the Dollar:Euro rate make life more affordable?
Absolutely. The Euro has reached its peak.

8. Should at least one of the Wiesn days start bright and early and last forever, much like our 2005 trip?
Sure, why not. Let's dedicate a day to sitting, drinking and visiting the pissorts.

9. Would the agenda include a pre-trip?
Right now, I don't think so, but I could be convinced otherwise. Part of my thought process could be changed based upon answers to #1 and #5.

10. Are we getting too old for this type of childish mayhem?
HELL NO ! ! ! !


So, please add your value. It will be very interesting to me to see who posts first, and most importantly, when.

The clock is ticking.

Prosit !

6 comments:

Einfahrt said...

First!

Chugger said...

You may be the first, but where's your value-add?

BarleyMan said...

Paulaner Girl and I are in!

I just got my latest copy of the BDG2M and am plotting some visits already.

I recommend we try 1 new Beer garden that we have never been to before.

Wouldn't mind WaWi either.

Chugger said...

Something new would be great oh Puhba. Don't know about WaWi though. always a disappointment, expcept the special dinner at the train station last time.

BarleyMan said...

We can do the weekend of the 25th. Alex moves back to Santa Cruz the weekend before!

We are thinking of doing a few days in Paris before/after.

Barbus said...

1. Barbus and Schlumberger Lady are ready to go!
2. September 25 OK.
3. Barbus is not yet ready for the honoured job. But maybe a traineeship?
4. http://www.germanplaces.com/de/deutschland/nationalpark-berchtesgaden.html
5. Glad to know that I am not modified :)
6. Barleyman can offer LSI tables.
7. Wait and see
8. YES!
9. Berlin, Hamburg ?
10. Do not understand the question