Here's the countdown to the start of Oktoberfest 2024...

Visit Dave Finlay's Oktoberfest Resources site to learn more about our past visits, some history and interesting anecdotes.


Click the Arrow for the Live Feed

Friday, November 17, 2006

The time has come.

Gentlemen and ladies,

Today is a great day. Today is the day that I have joined the Visits to Oktoberfest - A World Class Event blog page. I am humbled to be in the presence of so many knowledged and over consumed individuals who may honor me in the teachings of beer, drinking beer, getting more beer once mug is empty, and possibly sign language since I am but a humble beermugholder.

I am friend to Privatehops. And now trusty travel companion. Together we shall explore the world (Munich) in search of new beers and foreign ladies. But knowing Privatehops, probably just beers.

I hope that you will all graciously allow me into your circle of trust. Or at least let me stand a few yards back listening intently.

Great poobah I am in your service.

4 comments:

Chugger said...

Welcome Biere_de_Garde.

While we look forward to training you in the way of the Hop, be assured that there is plenty of pre-work and study that must be completed prior to the excursion.

Your first assignment, purchase and read what is universally accepted as The Bible to us veterans of past sojourns; The Beer Drinker's Guide to Munich (BDG2M). This sacred tool can be found at http://www.beerdrinkersguide.com/BDGWebsite/Shopping/Shoppage.htm.

Ein Prosit!

BarleyMan said...

Welcome to the blog and the trip!

I am still trying to work on airline tickets for Private Hops and me. will let you know when we make reservations.

The Hotel is the infamous Hoatel Alfa. I will work with chugger to get the room bumped up to a triple.


Prosit!

Barbus said...

Welcome to the elite group; and good to know that we have a newbee on board who is more interested in the search for ladies than for beer. As the 2007 trip looks like one without the company of our own beloved ladies (except for one?), we need an expert like you.

PrivateHops said...

Shane has about as much skill with the ladies as Budweiser has at making beer.