Here's the countdown to the start of Oktoberfest 2024...

Visit Dave Finlay's Oktoberfest Resources site to learn more about our past visits, some history and interesting anecdotes.


Click the Arrow for the Live Feed

Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Travel Probability Meter Reduced

The latest news from the EU and Germany in general is not looking good, so I lowered the travel probability.

Lockdowns Return or are Extended


Maybe time to plan a different excursion somewhere in the States? Dopplebach and I discussed a few alternatives. What say the Oktoberfestians?

3 comments:

Dopplebach said...

Chugger, Maybe you should post the driving map here. Seems like a poor substitute but it would be fun and I think has a decent likelihood of being doable.

Barbus said...

Reduce the Wiessen Meter down to 5%. The OB and MP don't bet on it.
https://www.tz.de/muenchen/stadt/corona-lockdown-soeder-muenchen-bayern-ostern-regeln-news-90259284.html

Chugger said...

After the various articles and postings, it is obvious that Oktoberfest as an event is struggling. While I still hope and have some positive thoughts, I am lowering the probability to 5%. While I agree with others that 0% is more appropriate, I want to hold out hope.

May the bier be with you.

Prost.