Here's the countdown to the start of Oktoberfest 2024...

Visit Dave Finlay's Oktoberfest Resources site to learn more about our past visits, some history and interesting anecdotes.


Click the Arrow for the Live Feed

Wednesday, October 12, 2022

Final Oktoberfest Wrap-up

Well, at least for know it appears we will keep this Blog in place. The winter months are traditionally slow anyway, so I will reevaluate the need in the spring.

Some interesting 2022 facts:

1. Our band of brothers (and one sister) had a great time. Lots of day trips.

2. Attendance was done from 2019. Everyone thought it would be crazy because of the two cancellations, but no. I even said on each of our visits how slow it seemed. Official estimates say 6.3m people in 2019 with 5.7m people in 2022.

3. Hotel Alfa is struggling. Hope Anton can keep things going. He has lost a lot (most?) of his business travel, which makes tourist/leisure travel so important.

4. Nothing better than a Doner after several Maß of bier.


Here's a quickie for you at our Hacker Tent reservation......


Proof that Designated Walker attended...





5 comments:

Dopplebach said...

If this woman's pronunciations are to be believed our resident German expert has lead us slightly astray. I switched to youtube from the original source of the beer advocate and for me at least the link insists on starting almost at the end. It is easy enough to drag it back to the beginning. Even when I do that and copy the link it starts at the end. You may have to drag it back yourselves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDGwQ1PJiio&t=914s

Chugger said...

Maybe slightly astray, but I chalk it up to being an ugly American accent. I do not know about her Weihenstephaner pronunciation, but oh well.

She definitely pronounces Löwenbraü and Hofbraü correctly, but you would never know what I was saying if I pronounced them correctly. I will be more accurate on our next excursion to wherever.

Flying Dan said...

I will post some pictures and I really do like the video of the cicny girl. Maybe we should invite her to market the Butt board, or make us the bier coaster that can only be shipped in Germany or Austria!

BarleyMan said...

I watch all of Feli's Youtube posts. Mostly spot on. Some of the stuff in th eUS that confuses her is typical millennial stuff (like Checkbooks).

Alkoholische said...

Thanks for sharing and the update. It looks like a great time had by all.